Wednesday, October 14, 2009

SO MANY GOD'S


----- Through out recorded history and time there has always been God’s around. I really enjoy the ancient Greek God’s. They even had battles and wars between themselves. Some of them feared some of the other God’s because of their position within the group. Some of them were hateful, some mean, some loud, jealous, revengeful, rage, regretful, you name it. Any emotion Man is capable of the Greeks had a God for. Some even had children. These God’s are interesting and fun to look into. Each has a history within themselves. However, fun stuff for the God’s sometimes lead to disaster for the people who worshiped them.

----- The American Indians have neat God’s also. They have a God for everything. Sun God, moon God, sky God, earth, rain, water, wind, etc.,etc.,etc. They were kind of like Cajun people. We have a festival to celebrate just about everything from corn to crawfish and anything in between. The Indians have a God for just about everything. Like all God’s their God’s serve some purpose for someone at some time.

----- I sometimes wonder if Man didn’t invent some God’s just to have someone to blame things on. God’s are prayed to for wishful things someone wants to happen. If it happens the God is praised and shown thanks. If it doesn’t happen it was just God’s will. If something bad happens God's can always be blamed for the event.

----- Any way there are “SO MANY GOD’S.” I thought this would be a good place to enter this writing which I wrote, again, many years ago. Hope ya’ll like it.

"SO MANY GOD’S"


My God is not universal,
And I use him not as a crutch.
He lies within me,
And he does as much good as he must.
We do not do what we have heard is right,
And we do not do what we have heard is wrong.
We act, think, protect and defend,
What we feel inside,
Where my God lies.


----- These feelings inside are more then enough to keep me happy, sad, content, wondering and occupied for as much as I wish to be for all eternity.

----- Yes, these feelings bottled up inside me are not only my religion but also my God.

----- If by some miracle I come to learn and understand all which is in me, then and only then will I be able to even attempt to search and seek-out your God.

----- However, until such a time occurs ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

My God is not universal,
And I use him not as a crutch.
He lies within me,
And he does as much good as he must.

--- By,
----- Peter Collins

1 comment:

  1. hey I have lost this great message well anyway if you get it good if not to bad it's Sunday might and I'mgoing to bed good night sweethearts good njght Mone

    ReplyDelete