Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I GAZE INTO THEIR EYES

----- The only way to view one's soul is through their eyes. To see what type of heart they possess is to view their soul.It's not as easily accomplished as it sounds. For one thing the person doing the gazing must be aware of this. Many times I have known two people to gaze into each others eyes and saw nothing. Why ?? Because they did not know what they were looking for nor what the possibilities were of what they could find. The person being gazed upon must also be aware of this and allow it to happen or have no knowledge of it and the gazer can sneak in without them knowing about what is going on. It is easier for the gazer to sneak in and here is why. Even if the person whom you wish to gaze gives you permission verbally and consciously does not necessarily assure you a free pass to the inside. And here's why. The heart and soul sometimes denies the brain for their own protection and will block any such entry. These are the reasons why I say that to gaze into one's eyes and view their heart and soul is not as easily accomplished as it sounds.
I GAZE INTO THEIR EYES

----- From the time they were born, even at birth, I gazed into my daughter’s eyes and I could see, “my little girls” inside. I knew things would change as time went on but I always wondered what I would see as I gazed into their eyes. I always wished as I gazed I would see “my little girls” by my side, at least in their beautiful eyes.

----- As time went on, so did they change. From crying to crawling and calling out my name. Then from crawling to walking came a big change and I wondered if they were to be. But I gazed into their eyes and still, “my little girls” inside, I did see.

----- Then there was upper grade school, high school, band and other activities you see. Like dating and prom that I knew would come indeed. And still I could gaze into their eyes and see “my little girls” inside, I could see.

----- From childhood to adolescence and beyond I did not like, for surely I would loose them to some other light. As young adults they did meet another whom they did seek. Then came marriage and they did leave but I did tell them that they would always be, “my little girls” that I would always need. And at those precious moments, even through happy tears, I gazed into their eyes and “my little girls” inside, I did see.

----- But now I can’t help but wonder what life will bring. As adults I know they will change even more. Will they remain the same ?? How can they with life as it is and what they must go through to live as we did. Just getting older and facing the challenges of life will be hard and a great fight. When worst comes to worst there is always one thing that I hope will remain the same. And I can’t help wonder if it will be. Will there be a time when I gaze into their eyes and no longer see “my little girls” inside.

----- I know there is a God in Heaven and Angels up above so they will always be loved. But will my wish always be granted ?? I wish through good times and bad that always and when ever I could gaze into their eyes that I would see “my little girls” inside, looking back at me.

------ Dedicated to My Girls,
---------- By Peter Collins / Poppa

2 comments:

  1. pop,

    now you know that aleena and i will ALWAYS be "your little girls"...love you

    L,
    M(ommy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Pete!!! Next time we're together, please gaze into my eyes because I have absolutely no idea who I am!!! Really, Brother, this is an awesome tribute to your two wonderful, beautiful dauthers.

    Hey, M(ommy)!!! How are you feeling? Is Andre experiencing "sympathy pregnancy" with you? Poor Ted, Arthur is 21 and Kris is 19 and he still suffers with morning sickness, tiredness and the baby weight that he just can seem to get rid of...hehehehe...

    Hey, Breizy!!! I'm sure that you're counting the days until you and Steve (Crazy Lilly) will be together again. Perhaps not for you, but for me, time is just flying down Bayou Lafourche. I can't believe we're already in September...geesh...make it stop, Please!!

    Ah, Cheryl!!! I hope that you're doing well. I am so looking forward to being where you are right now, as a Mother. Two successful, beautiful, well rounded children, a wonderful loving husband and father and a successful job for yourself. What more can a woman wish for. You're such a charm and your family is lucky to have you.

    I don't get to blog too much anymore, but always know that all are in my daily thoughts and prayers. Our next venture together seems to be Mom's birthday, which is December 10th. We don't have anything definite except that whatever we do will be in Thibodaux, probably at the Manor. She is doing so well right now that we don't want to risk her getting sick once the cold weather sets in. We'll keep everyone posted on those plans.

    Take care all!!
    ((((MUAH!!!))))
    C

    ReplyDelete